Saturday, November 14, 2015

The temporal connect

I stood there, inside the temple, with hands folded, and eyes closed, praying to God. The years rolled back. The temple has remained the same, ditto with the surroundings. Even the trees have stood there for 30 years, just the same, still growing the same leaves, the same flowers/fruits.

I have just grown up from being a toddler to standing tall at 5'10", from asking God to help me with my exams to asking Him to help me with life. When your eyes are closed and hands folded in front of an idol, the thoughts that echo in your mind say a lot about you as a person and the stage of life you are experiencing. How these thoughts evolve over time, say a lot about your evolution as a human being. Does God really need you to say your wishes out explicitly? Or do you need God to help you understand your own wishes explicitly?

The most genuine of thoughts and wishes buried deep inside, come to the fore making you hear your own inner voices. No wonder that the word temple has two meanings, one being associated with the head. I just hope and pray right now that apps don't replace temples, both meanings of the word!

No comments: